POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wonderful Dell : Re: Wonderful Dell Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wonderful Dell
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Mar 2009 08:51:03
Message: <49b7b3b7$1@news.povray.org>
[GDS|Entropy] wrote:

> Yeah...never underestimate the effect of commercials on the CIO...

Yes. Unlike the IT experts, the commercials use small words that a CIO
can actually understand. :-P

>>> My next comp will probably be a Cray CX1. Those look sweeeet!
>> O_O
>
> They aren't *too* terribly expensive, especially considering what you get.
> http://www.cray.com/Products/CX1.aspx

OK, let me get this straight: USD  $10,079.00 for a *bare* system??

$91.00 for the POWER CORD?!

Are you mental?? For that money, I could buy three HP DL380s! :-P

Mind you, put 4 CT5401 blades in it, and we have USD  $44,795.00. That's
a lot of CPU and GPU, right there... And still less than the price of my
mum's house.

> I think that computer, close to maxed out, could hold my interest for a few
> years at least. As long as it plays DOOM, right? ;-D

Er, yeah. My freakin *laptop* can do that while running Linux UNDER
SOFTWARE EMULATION! :-P